It’s time to focus on the chosen Gifts from the Heart (GFH) for our 2020 District gathering, tentatively planned for the fall of 2020. Due to the uncertain status of gathering socially, the original plan for our June convention in Willmar has been canceled. Further information will be coming as it is known.
Our GFH ministries are: The Correctional Mission and Ministry of the LCMS MNS District and Love, INC of Eastern Carver County.
Please note added drop-off information.
The Corrections Ministry helps Christian men and women who have been recently released from prison. The ministry provides them with housing, jobs, referrals to treatment, welcoming congregations, etc. Until they receive their first paycheck, they do have some needs. We will be collecting:
- Bibles – NT will be provided by the Gideons
- Used (clean/good condition) backpacks, duffel bags or soft-sided luggage (logos on them are fine). Sorry, no LWML convention bags.
- Tide Pods
- Socks – men /women’s tube or crew socks (black or white)
- Food: complete meal, non-perishable items, for example – Soup, Spaghettio-type meals, Chili, Ramen Noodles, etc. Also, Peanut Butter, Jelly, etc.
NOTE: Jim Seemann has recently suggested the idea of purchasing and donating Cub gift cards with which he would purchase the food. It’s an option to consider.
In that case, they could be mailed to Jim at 1075 Burgess St., St. Paul 55103, indicating the LWML. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep track of your donations.
Love, INC of Eastern Carver County seeks to love all people the way Jesus Christ modeled love to us… unconditionally. They are a ‘clearinghouse’ through their Client Help Line. Requests are received, assessed for need and help is provided along with follow-up. We will be collecting:
Birthday Bags consisting of:
- Cake mix
- Birthday-themed Paper Plates and Napkins
- Birthday Candles
- Gift Bags – medium and large (ex. 15in. to 20in. that would fit a game, LEGO set or basketball)
- $5 Target gift card for misc. items – oil, eggs and/or beverages
These items should be placed in a 2 gal. ‘Ziploc Bag’. Birthday Bags MUST be complete. ~ NO individual items will be accepted.
The Birthday Closet Ministry is located at St. Hubert Catholic Church, 8201 Main St., Chanhassen, MN 55317. Birthday Kits can be dropped off during church office hours. The church’s phone number is 952-934-9106.
When delivering, please call the office and Janet will meet you at door one.
Please keep a count of total birthday kits donated.
Diaper Ministry – Love, INC.
- Newborn to size 6
- Pull-ups – sizes 2T – 5T
The Diaper Ministry is located at Living Christ Lutheran Church, 820 Lake Dr., Chanhassen, MN 55317. Diapers can be dropped off anytime the church is open. The church’s phone number is 952-934-5110. The contact person is Holle Severson. Please keep a count of the total diapers donated.
- Be sure to make use of the Thrivent Action Team grants to buy your supplies.
- Please open these giving opportunities up to your congregations.
We will still accept Gifts from the Heart at our day-long celebration that the planning committee is working on now. Again, the details of that day will be announced as they are known. If dropping off at the indicated locations is convenient, go ahead and do so.
Like everyone else, we have had to adapt to the current concerns and regulations for the COVID-19. This is certainly a new experience for all of us. But we can rest assured that God is in control and he has a plan!
If you have questions, please email me at email@example.com
Pamela Hunter, VP of Human Care