New Mite Goal for 2020-2022 biennium approved!
The voting delegates of the LWML Minnesota South District approved a $265,000.00 mite goal for the 2020 – 2022 biennium. The electronic and paper ballots were tabulated on June 24, 2020 and the mission goal of $265,000.00 was approved.
As we begin this new biennium we are starting with a $25,508.52 mite goal balance as of June 30, 2020. This includes $18,647.28 of mites carried over from the last biennium.
Our lives continue to be affect by the coronavirus pandemic. Group meetings have been cancelled and therefore mite collections have been down. Many groups still have managed to collect mites in one way or another. As this pandemic continues do not forget about giving to mites. If you don’t have meetings, still continue to fill your mite box at home. If it fills up empty it and fill it up again. A Ziplock Baggie works wonders for the overflow!
We do not know how this year will end. We read in 1 Timothy 4:8b-10: “holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.” NIV
- Our goal can be met through mite contributions, Mission Grant Memorials, Mission Grant Donations, Thrivent Choice dollars, Prayer Service offerings or Joyful Response.
- Joyful Response is a way to use direct deposit each month. When you sign up, funds are automatically transferred on the date you specify. This form is listed under Resources/Forms.
- To donate electronically, click on the DONATE tab in the ribbon above.
- Contribution forms for Zones, Societies and Individual Members can be found under Resources/Forms/Contribution Forms.
- Click Resources tab for a direct link.
For more information or to have your questions answered contact Irene Mensing. You can also contact her by emailing FinancialSec@mnslwml.org.
-Financial Secretary Irene Mensing
What is a Mite box?
It’s a cardboard box (3-1/8” x 1-3/4” x 2-1/4”) designed by LWML (Lutheran Women’s Missionary League) to receive thank offerings, above and beyond our regular church giving. It holds pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and dollars and checks.